What’s the difference between an emergency repair and a routine repair? The law lists a variety of situations
that are considered emergency repairs including:
- A burst water service or a serious water service leak
- A blocked or broken lavatory system
- A serious roof leak
- A gas leak
- A dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm, fire or impact damage
- A failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises.
- A failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on the premises for hot water, cooking or
- A fault/damage that is likely to cause injury, undue inconvenience or which makes the premises unsafe
or insecure (for example broken stairs).
If your situation is not listed as an emergency repair it is considered a routine repair.
What do I do in an emergency?
If your have one of the listed above emergencies please call our office on 07 4041 1766. If the
office is closed please call 0404 418 526.
My repair is NOT an emergency. What do I do now?
Please send us a maintenance
request and one of our friendly team members will handle your request.
If you require further information you can click the link to the Residential Tenancies Authority below.